miStatement is a service which provides an organisation with a cost effective alternative, by delivering a comprehensive representation of the actual statement data directly to a customer’s cell phone via a secure electronic platform. This reliable electronic transmission of documents not only complies with all related legislations, including the Consumer Protection Act, it further provides consistent proof of delivery. The encryption of all data provides security, therefore ensuring confidentiality. The flexibility of the service platform provides various data transfer options, thus offering a tailor-made solution to ensure seamless integration.
How it works.
Statement data is transferred via an API/Web Service or SFTP. Alternatively, Cellfind can develop a 3rd Party Application which will sit on the organisations server and will transfer the data to Cellfind. The statement data is then fowarded by Cellfind to the customer’s cell phone. The statement is retrievable via a secure (128 bit SSL encryption) WAP link or a USSD string (e.g. *120*889*1234#). The PIN will be included in the initial welcome SMS and the WAP link or USSD string will be displayed in the statement SMS.
miStatement can be customised to accommodate pre-defined customer requirements.
Basic information includes:
- Account Number
- Statement Date
- Statement Balance
- Instalment Due
- Payment Date
Benefits to the Customer
- Customers are able to receive their statements on the day which they are
- Customers have immediate access to their records
- Secure – the statement is only accessible by the customer
- A customer can access both current and historical statements
Benefits to the Organisation
- Reduce printing and postage costs through SMS billing
- Reach customers who have outdated address details
- Reach customers who live in informal settlements where there are no formal
- Expedite payments – mobile banking customers are able to pay accounts
- Good way to keep your clients updated
- Reduce incoming traffic at call centres
To test miStatement, SMS the word ‘statement’ to 41585. A WAP link will be sent to your cell phone via SMS. To test USSD, dial *120*889*41586# PIN 1234.